Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Nesting, big time

Today I decided this baby better come soon or I am going to go crazy from all the nesting impulses I have been having. With Bailey, my nesting manifested itself with a few little things I sewed for her, no big deal. With Claire, I was obsessed with curtains and crocheting dish clothes, a little worse than Bailey but not bad. But this baby, oh boy!

Not only do I do the regular cleaning and organizing but I have been ripping apart rooms and closests, taking out countertops, painting walls, sewing and crocheting like a mad woman. In the last few weeks I have crocheted 3 1/2 blankets, several dish clothes, 4 baby hats and over a dozen booties. Plus I have a laundry basket full of half finished sewing projects. I need it to STOP. My fingers are sore and I don't know if I can afford the cost of my corcheting habit much longer.

I guess the only good part of all this is my girls now have warm blankets to cuddle up with in the "cold" 80 degree weather we are having.

6 comments:

Raich said...

Cute little booties. I love the buttons. I wish I had the time to crochet. I started a blanket a few weeks ago and its just floating around my car getting trampled. It looks like a fuzzy baby scarf at this point. I love that nesting need. I have it even when Im not prego. Good Luck on the rest of your pregnancy and have a great Delivery!!

JROD said...

Those booties are adorable!

Frolicking Night Owl said...

CUTE NAT! I need to have another baby so you can send me some of those cute booties!!

Barlow Family said...

What cute booties! So darling! My nesting consisted of mostly organizing closets...weird how that happens.

Cami Epperson said...

So cute! I wish I knew how to crochet... or had a girl to put cute little booties on. Ok, we'll give that one some time, but still... I hope yours comes soon too! Can't wait to see who she looks like since Bailey looks like you and Claire looks like Scott.

AudyCamp said...

Ok we need an update here!!...any baby news? Hope you're doing well.!!