Monday, July 27, 2009

Treasures!!!

The last month or two I have collected quite a few treasures. The first set of treasures I got was a box from my mother in law Carol with a pillow for Hazel made by her great grandma Hazel. There was also a bag of old buttons from great grandma Hazel. There are some fabulous buttons I can't wait to use! Thanks Carol!

The next set of treasure came from my aunt Lisa. Her mother in law passed away a few years ago leaving a treasure trove of craft supplies. Lisa took me to her inlaws house and her father inlaw, Brother Hawkins, shared with me TONS of stuff. The pictures below shows just a few of the things he gave me including crochet thread, needles, crochet hooks, lace, ric rac and a cool old ciagr box. Thank you Brother Hawkins and Lisa, I can't wait to get started on some projects!



This last picture shows my great grandmothers and grandmothers buttons. My aunt Pam had the buttons and was kind enough to let me have some of them. If you can't tell, I love buttons!!! I already have ideas about where I am going to use the buttons.

p.s. if anyone is ever getting rid of buttons or has family that is getting rid of theirs, I would be happy to take them off your hands and put them to good use!!!

No comments: