Wednesday, September 3, 2008

First Day of Preschool!

Yesterday was Bailey first day of preschool. It was an amazing, funfilled day for her but a someone sobering day for me. I can't believe my little one is old enough to go to school and leave me even if it is only for 2:30 hours three days a week.
I have been talking up preschool for the last few days to get her ready for it but when we pulled up to the little yellow house the tears started. I unbuckled her for her seat and she collapsed into a pile on the car floor crying. I picked her up and carried her to the front door. When Ms. Ranelle her teacher opened the door and said "Hi Bailey!" the tears stoped, she marched in the house and never looked back. I even followed her in to say goodbye and she wouldn't even acknowledge me.
Such is the life of a mother. You spend so much time preparing them for something so that they will be ok and when they are ok you are sad that they don't need you. Oh well!
But just in case you were wondering "preschool is the best place in the world" because there are "Bailey sized tables and chairs," fishie crackers for snacks, a dinosaur puzzle and a teacher with sparkly eyeshadow that is so beautiful!
(I will post some pictures soon!)

No comments: