Thursday, July 23, 2009

It is Official...

I am the mother of a Kindergartner. Bailey started school yesterday. In typical fashion she was so excited to go to school and I was VERY far from excited. But we both survived it and I think she will do so well this year!!!
We had a little party for her the night before school started. She chose the menu of spaghetti and meatballs with breadsticks. She also wanted to wear her preschool shirt since she won't be able to wear it again because she is a kindergartner now.


Here she is being picked up from school. I can't believe it but I forgot my camera when I dropped her off at school so I had to get some when I picked her up.

The first day of school outfit!

p.s. A few people have asked where Bailey is going to school. She is going to a charter school called Edu-Prize and they are on a modified year round schedule. That is why she is starting so early.

7 comments:

Frolicking Night Owl said...

CRAZY! IS she going to Houston? :) And why in the world did school start in JULY!?!?!?

Jen said...

time sure has flown! Riley is so excited to go to school too! where on earth is she going that she started already?

JROD said...

my sister-in-law and brother-in-law both work at Edu-Prize. Good choice (and the year round schedule is pretty nice too. wish GPS would follow it).

AudyCamp said...

That's where Mikelle's kids go. Last year before we moved I really considered having my kids go there too. So did you cry that your little girl is in Kindergarten?...mine start wednesday! ...and we move monday!

Barlow Family said...

So cute! Hard to believe she's a kindergartener...wow.

Cami Epperson said...

I was looking at her in Primary today remembering her as a cute little sunbeam... Now she's in Kindergarten!! They grow up too fast. So... how come you chose that school over Houston? I mean, I know it's still 4 years away, but it's always good to explore your options!

Cami Epperson said...

Oh, and she's still cute. Just older! :)