Friday, April 3, 2009

Family Fun

Last week was a really fun week for our family. My mom had spring break at Harvard so she came home to meet Hazel. My girls love it when Grandma comes because she takes them on special dates, to buy candy at the Dollar Store, invites them over for sleep overs, you know all the important grandma stuff.

Later in the week Scotts parents and sister Kristi came from New Mexico to meet Hazel and visit the girls. We went to lunch, shopping and hiking.

Saturday we decided to have a girls day. My mom, Lauren, Celeste, Scotts mom, Kristi, Bailey, Claire and I all went to a local playhouse and saw a childrens production of Sleeping Beauty. The girls loved going out with the big girls and Aunt Lauren even made their day better by buying them fairy wands. After the show we went out to lunch and the girls got to drink rootbeer!

That night we blessed Hazel at my parents home since both sets of grandparents were leaving to go home the next day. Scott gave a beautiful blessing and Hazel didn't make a sound during the whole thing. I wish I could say the same about Claire who was telling everyone to close their eyes and fold their arms during the whole blessing. After the blessing we had a picnic in the backyard.

I feel so lucky to have so much family around me to support and love me and my little family.






1 comment:

Frolicking Night Owl said...

Love your nylons! And yeah for Sleeping Beauty ... if we move to AZ, I want season passes to that place. :) Marina didn't like the meany witch though ... still too scary.