Saturday, November 17, 2007

I am such a proud mom

Tonight was our wards primary talent show. I wanted Bailey to do something for it but decided that she would never get up and perform infront of other people. Instead Bailey and I decided to go and just watch everyone else. About 2/3 of the way into the show Bailey tells me that she wants to show her talent. She wanted to draw an "H" (on the way over we talked about talents and how she can draw the letters H,I,A,B really good. ) I wasn't sure how she could do that for an audience so I asked her if she wanted to sing. She said yes and when it was her turn she walked up front grabbed the mic away from me and belted out a song. What? My child singing infront of people. She isn't old enough to do that. What was the saddest part (besides that fact that I didn't have a camera or video camera) was I kneeled next to her and fought back the tears the whole time and couldn't even look at anyone. I am such a baby, but I couldn't believe that my baby had the guts to do something I would NEVER do. I am a proud mommy tonight!

3 comments:

Seth Johnson said...

wow, i didn't know you guys were cultivating a family of singers. I think it should be a blog goal to get a video of her posted singing. :)

AudyCamp said...

i agree w/ seth- get her to sing on tape. I would've been fighting back tears too. i cry about everything as a mom. kaylea surprised us too when bro. lamoreaux got her to sing at jr. miss last year on stage. I couldn't believe that was my SHY little daughter. they surely can amaze us huh!! Bailey is so cute!

Jen said...

wow I am totally impressed! (seth wouldn't even say his part in the primary program, and he knew it by heart!) Go Bailey!