Friday, November 30, 2007

IT'S CHRISTMAS!

Our nativity mosh pit designed by Bailey
Clarie heading for the nativity mosh pit Bailey spent a very long time setting up

Bailey Christmas "boot"


Since it is raining today (thank goodness) and we are probably the last people in Gilbert to decorate, we decided to get to work decking the halls. It was fun watching Bailey get so excited to decorate. She unloaded EVERYTHING way before I had time to put it up so we had piles if decorations all over the floor. While unloading she asked a million questions, adding to the million she already asks each day. Deep questions like "Is baby Jesus named Claire like our baby?" "Why was baby Jesus daddy named Joseph Smith?" "Can I wear our Christmas boots (stockings) to church?" And my favorite "Why isn't Joseph Smith Jesus daddy?" Me-"Becuase Joseph Smith was a prophet that lived a long time after Jesus died." Bailey-"Arey ou sure? Why did Jesus die?" Me-"So if we are good girls we can live with him someday." Bailey- "Like the "kindly song"(that is what she calls "I am a Child of God" song) Then she sings the I am a Child of God song and tells me about how I am a good mommy and I am helping her be like Jesus. Of course I started to bawl! I love my little girls!!!
Anyway, I am jealous though that Bailey is so young and gets to expericence Christmas through the eyes of a child for many more years. I miss the wonderment and excitment of Christmas. I remember riding my bike around for hours on Christmas Eve trying to tire myself out so I can sleep that night. And decorating our 3 ft. kid Christmas tree with so many deocrations that it tipped over ten times a day. And spending hours looking through the toy catalogs looking for the perfect gifts. Since I can't get away with doing those things anymore, my wish is to create good memories for my girls that someday they will look back on Christmas time and smile.

2 comments:

Raich said...

HOW Adorable ,Nat... Your little Bailey seems so sweet, How fun. Have a Verry Merry Christmas Season. I love all the before more than the actual day. Raich

Heather Jeppsen said...

Natalie, How are you doing? It's fun to see you when we come down to visit my parents. We missed you at the reunion. We have a blog too, so come on over to visit. We'll see you in a few weeks. Heather (Alexander)