Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Wedding by numbers

Last week was one of the busiest weeks I had in a long time. I did the flowers for 2 weddings, that were on the same day. One for my good friend and cousin Shilo (Mitchell) Munk and Becky Tiffanys brother Ryan.
Here is my week by numbers:
2 weddings
3 days to do it
700+ dollars worth of flowers
105 roses, that needed to be dethorned and striped
5 buckets and every pitcher and vase I own to hold all the flowers
19 boutonieres
10 corsages
6 floral hairpieces
3 little girl floral head wreaths
6 bouquets
11 centerpieces
1 monster centerpeice
36 yards of ribbon made into 23 bows
5 trips to the wholesaler
5 trips to drop off kids at the babysitters (THANK YOU mom and Alene for watching the girls!)
4 trips to deliver flowers
1 nice catering company that helped me set up the flowers for the reception
30+ worth of work
1 messy house covered in flowers and greens
5 cuts on my hands
1 thorn stuck in foot
1 amazing husband that helped me so much and even got his first shot at designing, I LOVE YOU
0 tears (thank goodness)
2 happy brides (hopefully!)
1 very tired and relieved it is over designer!
Lesson learned: NEVER DO THAT AGAIN!!!

5 comments:

Jen said...

wow that sounds busy!!

AudyCamp said...

Wowsers!! so never do 2 weddings in 1 weekend..is that what you learned?? That does sound like alot once you count it all out like that..holy moly!

Barlow Family said...

Good job, Natalie! It sounds crazy but looks beautiful!

Raich said...

wow...they look great though, take a break for a minute :)

Anonymous said...

busy times, but great job. the flowers looked beautiful!