Thursday, May 1, 2008

Watch Out!


I have always been told that I was a very difficult toddler. Some have even gone as far as saying I was a "terror"child. People even spent half of my wedding lunch telling my future in laws all the "wonderful" things I did as a toddler. I guess I was really bossy, climbed EVERYTHING, was into everything and was very mischievous.
My dad reminds me often that my mom would call him, in tears, to tell him I was plotting against her. My aunt tells me that I once dumped a cup of water on her, while she was sun bathing, and then stood there and stared at her with a "what are you going to do now" look on my face. But the one thing i have been told the most is they hope I get a kid just like me.
Well there wish has been granted. I think my little Claire is going to be just like me, even though she looks like her daddy. Now I would never call her a terror child, but she does keep me on my toes. On a regular bases I have to peel her off the top of the dinner table or counters. I can't go anywhere in the house without her following behind me leaving a path of destruction in her wake. And she can hold her own in a battle of strength with her older sister. Claires solution if she is being over powered is knock Bailey over and bite her bum.
I love my little Claire more than anything. She is a sweet heart with sensitive feelings, loves her family, give kisses all the time and loves to smile. I just hope someday I will look back at all the the mischief she gets into and smile, but boy I am worn out!


4 comments:

Amberlynn said...

Really? You were a little terror? I just can't picture it. Sweet Nat, that I met in college. I would have pegged you for the quiet/shy kid who loves to help out. Claire is a doll! Good luck staying on your toes! I only have one and there are days that I'm exausted. Does that mean I'm going to die when baby number two comes along (when ever that may be)? You are an amazing mother! It's fun to peak into your life and see how you're doing. Miss you! Lynnie.

Barlow Family said...

Oh, that's so funny! I would've never pictured you as a trouble maker, but I think it's too funny that Claire is the same way! It cracks me up that she stands up to Bailey like that. Wow, kids are sure different from one other aren't they?!

Melanie Rossi said...

That is funny to hear about you as a terror toddler! Don't feel bad. I'm going through the same thing w/ my 2 year old!

AudyCamp said...

I CANNOT imagine you being a trouble maker..hehe..ya gotta love those kiddos that keep you on your toes! I've got a couple myself! AS long as they give you stories to tell.