Friday, March 27, 2009

Best Friends


Growing up, one of my very best friends was Becky Barlow. We meet when we were about 9 and were pretty much inseperable after that. We lived in the same neighborhood, went to the same school and ward and we both played the violin. People would get us mixed up all the time, which I am not sure why because we don't look anything like eachother. To this day I still respond to the name Becky because I was called it so much.

Well I am still be friends with Becky, even though we live on opposite sides of the country. (hopefully that will change soon if her hubby gets a job here!) And it makes me so happy that our little girls are becoming good friends, just like me and Becky.

Last week Becky was here to visit her family and our little girls got to spend time together. It was fun watching them do several of the things Becky and I did together, even though I doubt they will ever jump on a trampoline, belting out lyrics to "Uptown Girl" by Billy Joel, while imagining NKOTB was on the other side of the fence watching them like Becky and I did. (I can't believe I just admitted that!)
Becky, I hope you move home so Marina and Bailey can do all the silly things we use to do together.

2 comments:

Frolicking Night Owl said...

Almost had to go get a Kleenex for that one ... Very sweet! :) I miss ya tons, Nat! And believe me, the thought of living closer to you has a huge pull ... maybe more than family, but don't tell them I said that! You'll always be one of my dearest friends! Thanks for having Mina over ... I'm still hearing about the great time she had.

Raich said...

That was very sweet...so weird to see a pic of those two together but so fun and awesome. Love it!!