Wednesday, December 12, 2007

She never stops amazing me

A few weeks ago for Family Home Evening we had a lesson on the Chirstmas story and taught what all the different people in the nativity mean. Since then Bailey has fallen in love with the Christmas story. She wants me to tell her it several times a day. She spend hours everyday arranging our nativities.

The day before yesterday I found her playing "baby Jesus." She had a blanket over her head and was sitting by her doll craddle (which she put a yellow blanket in to look like hay) and was singing "Away in a Manger" to her doll. She told me that she was Mary, her doll was Jesus and that I was Joseph, after which she told me to go away and go to work since I was the daddy. She played "baby Jesus" for several hours, singing to her doll and telling her doll the story of Jesus.

As I think back over the last few weeks she really hasn't said anything about Santa or presents. Even when I ask her what she wants all she says is something pink. I am humbled by my three year old, she is the one teaching me to remember the true meaning of Christmas. I love you Bailey.

1 comment:

AudyCamp said...

kids are really so in tune with the spirit! I think THEY are really teaching Us spiritually while we are the ones attempting to teach them. anyways, Cute-sweet girl:)