Friday, October 17, 2008

The Tale of Two Shoes

Last Christmas my mom bought these for Bailey



a set of six Disney princess shoes. They were an instant hint. Actually that is an understatement, they became my daughters life. They LOVE the shoes. They wear them ALL day long. I have even found Bailey wearing them to bed. And Claire, who isn't going to miss out on an opportunity to be beautiful, learned to walk in them only weeks after learning to walk.

Then last month tragedy struck our house, one of the Snow White shoes broke in half due to a long hard life of tiny little feet stomping on wood floor. Bailey was traumatized, we weren't sure she would make it. Then to make life even more unbearable, the Bell pair followed suit a week or so later. Then a few others began to fall apart, but I will save you from the gruesome details.

Needless to say, I was becoming a little upset myself. How could I be happy when my miserable daughters happiness hinged on uncomfortable plastic princess shoes. So like any good mom I went to Costco, were they were bought last Christmas, to find a new box. No luck. I looked online but couldn't find them for a price I was willing to pay, I admit I am cheap. I even asked a few friends to keep an eye out for them for me. Still no luck.

Then yesterday, as we were walking down the aisles of Sams Club, the heavens suddenly parted and angels began to sing. There, right in front of Baileys free sample covered face, was another box of princess shoes. Without even looking at the price, I threw them in my cart and ran to the checkout line for fear someone was playing a cruel trick on me and the shoes would suddenly disappear. While in the checkout line I kept my eyes on a very suspicious looking 7 year old girl, eyeing my shoes from over in the cafe and held my breath until the cashier handed me the receipt. They were MINE!!!

Well, life at the Sherwood home is as it should be now. Both girls are properly shoed and I might add, looking fabulous. I am now on my way to Sams Club to buy one more box of princess shoes because we have another little princess on the way and I don't want her to go through the pain and suffering her older sister had to deal with.

6 comments:

Frolicking Night Owl said...

HAHA! As I started reading, I was going to say that I saw them at Sams club last night too and that I'd go get them for you!! :) Glad you found 'em.

The Whatcott Fam said...

Oh, this is only something the mother of little girls can understand! My girls LOVE these shoes- my MIL has them at her house. Maybe I should head to Sam's Club and buy some for our house! And congrats on another little girl on the way!!

Raich said...

i was gonna tell you to buy another backup box...good idea...and with another pair of girly feet i'm sure they won't go to waste...hilarious

Barlow Family said...

That's so funny! My Mom just bought those shoes at Sam's for my niece's birthday too. Little girls and their shoes. :)

Karalee said...

HAHA, what a great story! Oh how I miss Bailey, and being your VT! Congrats on yet another girl. I hope you're feeling well. I'll have to stop by one of these days and say hello to you all.

Skye said...

Heehee! Natalie, you crack me up...you are a very entertaining writer.