Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Bailey is FOUR!!!


Claire singing happy birthday while playing the piano



The paper latterns each girl made at the Polka Dot Party

I am a little behind in my posting because I wanted to celebrate my baby turning four with gusto and didn't have time to post. We had three days of nothing but birthday fun!!!!

Sunday was Baileys actual birthday and she was so excited to stand up in primary, on her actual birthday mind you, and have everyone sing to her. She chose out her favorite dress for the occasion and even planned where she was going to put her scriptures while she was up front getting sung to. But when the moment arrived she so excited she bolted out of her seat, completely forgetting all her scripture plans and was rather upset about it afterwards.
That night we had dinner at my parents house with my grandparents. We had Bailey favorite dinner complete with grapes and brownies. Then she opened her presents from the family, a cinderella dress, art easel and Little People play set, nothing could be better. The night ended with hugs for everyone and a very tired and happy princess.
Fast forward to the crowning event of the whole birthday extravaganza (well besides getting sung to) the POLKA DOT PARTY!!!!!!!! Bailey invited 12 of her closest "girl friends" to her party and as you could probably guess everything was polka dots. The invites had polka dots on them (and were "stinkin' cute" I might add) the walls were covered in polka dots, everyone wore polka dots, the games were based around polka dots (Don't Eat Pete, and musical dots) even the food was polka dots (mini pizzas, grapes, cheese ball puffs, cupcakes). Bailey had so much fun, or at least I think she did, she has been holed up in her room since the party playing with all her new toys so Claire won't get them. I am a little upset with myself though, I got so into the party that I hardly took any pictures, oh well what can you do.
I can't believe the my baby is FOUR. I love my sweet, sensitive, shy, talented little girl with all my heart. I am honored to be her mother and know that she is going to teach me so much as she grows up, she is already way ahead of my in so many things. She is the light of my life and at night I sometimes cry just thinking about how much I love her and how I can't wait to see what my precious girl will do with her life because I know she will be amazing.
I LOVE YOU BAILEY!!

4 comments:

Jen said...

polka dots huh! that sounds super cute!! you are a fabulous mom!!

Raich said...

i love my kids birthdays, so much fun...polka dots is a cute idea!! I might steal that. Jordyn's room is green and purple with white polka dots. I love it.
Bailey is such a pretty little girl. I love seeing pics of her. She reminds me of you and Lauren. BTW: I love that little people playset. We have millions of them from when my boys were littler and when I saw that one last year and was pregnant with Jordyn I wanted to buy it but my husband said no since she wouldn't play with it for a while. But it is so cute. Husbands are silly. I should have bought it...

Barlow Family said...

Happy Birthday, Bailey! I love the idea of a polka dot party...so cute!

AudyCamp said...

sounds like a lot of pink polka dot birthday fun! (We LoVe the game Don't eat Pete and play it at least twice a month for fhe.) Kids these days really are so amazing aren't they?... Children of the last days! Congrats to Bailey on her big number 4!