Friday, June 6, 2008

To cut or not to cut?


I have a problem that I need some help with. First background info:

As you can see, since birth, Bailey has had a ton of hair. I admit that I have been a very vain mother about it and haven't cut it to much other than trims and two real haircuts. Her hair is now so ridiculously long (the picture above was taken in February so it is even longer now.) For forever, she wouldn't let me cut it but I finally have her convinced. I told her about the organization Locks of Love, and now she is excited to donate her hair so it can be made into a "twig" for another little girl.

My problem is: I now need others to give this vain mother permission to cut Baileys hair. I know it needs cut, but I just can't bring myself to do it. Should I cut it a little, maybe to the middle of her back or should I cut it to her shoulders, or shorter, so she can donate it? What to do?

3 comments:

Jen said...

you kinda have to donate it for a twig now that she is excited! besides it will grow back fast! I wanted to donate riley's hair to locks of love but eliott doesn't want it cut that short. she is just a long hair girl. but nothing beats a bob they are so cute. So go ahead and chop it!!

Amberlynn said...

I say, "go for it!" Vali was sportin' a bob for awhile and I LOVED it! They are so stinkin' cute. Plus it will be a nice change for you and her; low maintenance haircut.

Frolicking Night Owl said...

ok ... i don't agree. i say keep it long. i think shorter hair takes more time ... you can't just throw it into a braid! You have to do it every day for it to be cute. I see lots of girls around this age cutting their hair short and they all looked better with long hair. that being said, bailey is beautiful and you take good care of her hair, so i'm sure she'll look great either way. i say just keep it short enough to stay out of the toilet!! so few girls can have such nice long hair ... i say keep it!