Sunday, November 9, 2008

Donuts!

This summer we started a family tradition of every Sunday night we try to bake a treat with as a whole family. Tonight we choose donuts.
On Halloween night we went to my good friend Becky Tiffanys parents house and had fabulous homemade donuts. Since that night, Bailey asks me at least once a day if we can make donuts. I always told her no because I can do without the frying aspect of the process since it makes everything smell. Well today, while blog hopping, I found a recipe for baked donuts. JACKPOT!!!!
So here is is the end result...

They actually taste pretty good, which isn't too hard since they are pretty much cinnamon roll dough with tons of sugar and butter.
I would consider our adventures into donut making a success. It left us with several big smiles and thumbs up from Bailey, Claire licking sugar off the table and Scott trying to figure out a good frosting for them. And as for me, I am in the process of slowly eating my way to obesity, one donut hole at a time.

2 comments:

Frolicking Night Owl said...

YUM! And we need to see some photos of this "obesity" aka prego-ness you speak of!!

MUNSON's said...

ok, I knew I shouldn't have looked at your blog today....I am dying to eat a donut! Would you either email me the recipe or post it on your blog? They look so good! You are such a fun mom!- April