Wednesday, November 5, 2008

It's over!!!

I am so glad elections are over and I can rest and hopefully my dads bloodpressure can go back down. Yesterday was a exciting and disappointing day. Yesterday morning I went to the polls to stand with my Yes 102 sign and encourage the people to "vote for Marriage." I was so encouraged that so many people treated me with respect and thanked me for "helping bring morality back to this lost world." Two years ago I stood outside the same polls, with the same sign and cause, and I had people glaring at me and saying nasty things to me. Then that night I watched the prop we worked so hard on fail.

Last night was a much better night. As I sewed my girls fall skirts, ( I was too anxious to just sit) my heart was so happy as I watched the polls close, the numbers come in and saw that Prop 102 was going to pass this time. Even though I am not happy about all the outcomes of the election, at least I know there are good people out there, who still have traditional values and are concerned about the future of our children and country.

I wish the war for good values was over and we could all rest. Unfortuately, I think we still have a long hard fight ahead of us, but at least one battle is done. Let us all keep faith and get ready for the next battle.

2 comments:

Barlow Family said...

I'm impressed that you stood at the polls, very awesome! Nate and I voted early so we didn't have to deal with the polls. We were happy 102 passed. Yay!!!

Raich said...

Congrats from one state to another :)