Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Yummy smoothie

One of my favorite things about winter is oranges are in season, which means fresh squeezed orange juice. Last winter I came up with a smoothie using orange juice and mangos that my family fell in love with. Since then I have had a few people ask me for my recipe for the smoothie. Rather then send out a bunch of emails I thought I would post it on my blog for anyone who would like it.

I usually eyeball the quantities of ingredients but this is about how much of each I use.

1 cup fresh squeezed OJ (about 3-4 oranges)
8 oz. (fill the blender about 1/2 full)of frozen mangos. If you live by a Trader Joes, they usually have frozen mangos for a really good price but I heard that Costco also sells them.
1 individual size cup of strawberry yogurt
1/2-1 banana
1 tsp. vanilla
*Sometimes I add fresh strawberries if I have them.

Blend it all up. Sometimes I have to add more juice to help blend it better. If I am serving it to my girls usually I add a little milk rather than extra juice, extra calcium. Play around with the ingredients until you find the combo you like.

No comments: