Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Happy Birthday & Thankful Thursday (a little early)


Today is my moms birthday and I wanted to brag about her a little. I am so thankful for my mom. She is such an amazing, talented and loving person. She has taught me so much through out my life and has helped me become the person I am.
I have learned so much from her. She has taught me skills like cooking, sewing, cleaning and most important patience, all of which have helped me in my role as a mom.
My mom is also SOOOOOOOO talented. I seriously don't think there is anything that she can't do. She is always getting calls from people in the community and the church asking her to help them teach a class or organize an event because they know if Marcia does it, it will be done right.

My mom is also so stinkin' smart!!!! I have to brag because recently she got excepted to Harvard to get a masters degree. She worked so hard to get ready for it including teaching herself math from about a 5th grade level up to college level. How many mormon grandmas get excepted to Harvard! I am so proud of her and will miss her so much while she is in Boston. But I am excited because now I have another excuse to go to one of my favorite cities.

My mom is also a woman of conviction and will stand up for and defend, with everything she has, whatever cause is important to her. She is part of an organization called United Families International and has spent weeks at United Nations around the world, thousands of hours writing books and has shed many tears trying to make this world a safe place for children and defend the rights of families and parents.


Mom, I love you so much and I am so proud to have you as a mother. You are my example and my friend and I am so grateful to have you so close to me and my family Happy Birthday!!!

4 comments:

Amberlynn said...

What a good lookin' family! Nat, you look GORGEOUS!!

Raich said...

i LOVED seeing this pic of your famioy, you all look FAB U LOUS!! tell your momma hi for me.

Barlow Family said...

I love this picture. I still can't believe your Mom's going to Harvard. What an inspiring woman! We will miss her when she's gone...but Nate wants to visit Boston too :)

AudyCamp said...

She really is SO Impressive! Harvard..Wow! LOVE the family picture of you guys:)