Thursday, April 10, 2008

Thankful Thursday




When I am pregnant I get REALLY chapped lips, pretty gross. I have tried everything to make them feel better. I have bought all sorts of expensive chapsticks and lip balm to no avail.
One day when I was pregnant with Claire I had a bad case of chapped lips and was stranded without anything to put on them. I was digging through my purse looking for something to put on my lips when I found Baileys lotion. In an act of desperation I put this miracle ointment on my lips and they were never the same again!


This stuff is great for chapped lips! I have a cold right now and this stuff is doing wonders on my chapped lips. It doesn't wear off as quickly as other chapsticks and it doesn't taste or smell like anything, which I love. I am sooo thankful for aquaphor oinment by Eucerin.


Oh and it is really good on dry skin too!
(P.S. I am not pregnant!)
(P.S.S. Thanks Heather and Becky for making the lovely picture of the lotion happen, I couldn't have done it without you!)



5 comments:

The Whatcott Fam said...

Well this post couldn't have come at a better time. Raelyn is suffering through a horrible case of chapped, bleeding lips right now, she is even waking up several times during the night because of it! And I just got a sample of this stuff from the hospital when I had my baby! Thanks Natalie! :)

Heather Jeppsen said...

I love that stuff too. I rub it all over my kids skin when they get dry skin. I'll have to remember it for lips. Maybe I should go rub some on my cracked hands that have done too many dishes and had too much of this cold weather. Good idea! Thanks

jamirclark said...

Fabulous idea! I have the worst cracked lips all the time- I'l have to find mine and try it out. (Cauley will be happy if it works:) Thanks for the tip!

Melanie Rossi said...

Hey, you know what else is really good for chapped lips? Lansinoh ointment (in the purple tube). You know the kind for chapped nipples while you're nursing(weird huh). Yeah, seriously, if you have any left over from breast feeding, give it a try. I have 3 tubes all around my house because I love it so much. I've converted many people over to this and I hope you also will convert!

Jen said...

i was going to tell you about lansinoh too but somebody beat me to it. but seriously it is the best thing ever, i use it on everything! I use it in place of neosporin since it is an all natural product, it is fabulous!! I will need to try this stuff though on some of my kids and their dry patches!!