Monday, March 10, 2008

GO HUSKIES!!

(Me and Bailey infront of the "magical" Princess bounce)


(I think Bailey ate her weight in Cheetos, suckers and tootsie rolls)

In 1987 Houston Elementary opened its doors. I was in fourth grade and thought I was so cool because I got to be one of the first kids to go to the school. I got to help in choosing the schools colors and mascot. Purple and white were the colors and a Husky for the mascot, what could be cooler for an 8 year old.

Saturday Houston Elem. celebrated their 20th anniversary. Since we live down the street and Bailey is always dieing to go to the big school, we went to their little carnival celebration. It was pretty fun. But I must admit it was a little weird going with my almost four year old to a school that I went to when I wasn't that much older than her. (of course I am really old because a girl I use to babysit is now married, lives in my ward and has a baby.)

We had fun eating, playing games, listening to the Hannah Montana lip sync contest, but the highlight of the day was the Disney Princess bouncy toy. As soon as Bailey say it she was in love and couldn't live unless she got to play it in. Needless to say she got to jump her little brains out and we all lived happily ever after. The End.

3 comments:

AudyCamp said...

Yeah we are getting old. I never really thought we actually would! How fun and nostalgic to go there with your girls:)

Amberlynn said...

20th anniversary eh? So cool that you were the first to decide upon the colors etc. That would be a little strange going with your two kids now. Times FLYS by these days! I love all the pics. So fun. What a cute little family!

Cauley Clark said...

Yeah the Huskies are ok but I heard this cool group of kids thought bobcats along with the colors black and silver would be more appropriate for the best elementary school in Gilbert!