Thursday, March 6, 2008

Have you got your wheat stored?

Ok, as some of you know (and like to tease me about) I like to stock pile food. I love working on my food storage. I guess I am a bit of a dooms dayist too, hence the solar oven, wheat grinders, both electric and hand, and all my other "weird stuff". Well my mom sent me this video link the other day and it got my attention.
http://standeyo.com/index1.html> ( scroll down to the group that is just above the heading March 2-3. It is the top link labeled "Glen Beck Governments Outrageous Grain Choices", and click on it)

Think what you will about me, but I think we should all consider everything that wheat is used for and is in. If the price of wheat goes up, there is the possibility the price of a lot of other products we use will go up too. It would be wise to have a 3 month supply the prophet has counseled us to get, in case the price of things get to high for us to afford or there is a shortage.

Stepping down from my soapbox.

3 comments:

Frolicking Night Owl said...

OK You can laugh at me. I have some wheat ... not enough ... but nothing to grind it with. Maybe you can help? I have a Kitchen Aid mixer ... there might be an attachment I can buy for that?

Scott & Natalie sherwood said...

Becky,
I really don't know much about kitchenaids, but I doubt they have a grinder attachment. YOu can buy a hand grinder for around $50 and an electric for around $150-200. A little pricey but what is the point of storing wheat if you don't use it. I use my electric grinder ALL the time to make whole wheat flour for almost everything I bake. It is so yummy. If you want me to help you find one email me.

Amberlynn said...

I'm impressed! ;)