Friday, March 7, 2008

I wonder what they are thinking?


The other night we went to my parents house for dinner. As Scott was getting Claire out of her car seat, he noticed that she was just sitting there looking at the sky instead of trying to rip the seat belt off. He turned around and realized she was looking at the trees.

It was a little windy that night and the branches of the trees were blowing around. I picked her up and watched her as she stared at the trees with such wonder. Then she reached out her little chubby hand and said "pretty." We just stood there for a few minutes and watched the trees.

I wish I knew what was going through her little mind as she watched the wind blow through the tress for the first time. Wouldn't it be great to go back and experience so many things for the first time again. That night I decided I need to slow down a little and allow my girls to be amazed at the beautiful world we live in and to enjoy all their first experiences.

2 comments:

Amberlynn said...

Wouldn't it be fun to meet yourself for the first time? I've often wondered what my first impression would be. I definitely agree with you by slowing down and enjoying your surroundings. I LOVE the picture. Such a beauty! Nat, thanks for the sweet compliment! I can totally tell that you are an AMAZING Mama! Although, that doesn't surprise me one bit! Love you!

Amberlynn said...

Hello again. I wasn't sure if you knew about susan's blog
http://nssellers.blogspot.com/
I know she'd love to hear from ya!