Monday, March 31, 2008

YUMMY!!!

Last night I was in charge of bringing dessert to Sunday dinner. I have been craving angel food cake and strawberries but I didn't have any whip cream. What is a girl to do? So I went to my favorite website, allrecipes.com and found a recipe for lemon sauce. Let me tell you that it was seriously divine on angel food cake with strawberries. It was so lite and yummy, it kind of made the cake taste like strawberry lemonade. We loved it so much that we were just dipping the berries in the lemon sauce. So, I though I would share the recipe:

LEMON SAUCE (from allrecipes.com)
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1 cup boiling water
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
1 lemon, juiced

In large saucepan, stir together sugar, cornstarch, salt and nutmeg. Gradually stir in boiling water, then simmer over low heat until thick, stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat; stir in butter, lemon zest and lemon juice and serve.

ENJOY!!!!!

2 comments:

Frolicking Night Owl said...

yum ... looks tasty! I might have to hop on over to my parents and get a couple lemons so i can try it out! :) :)

Janey said...

This looks AMAZING!!!! Mmmm YUMMY! I'll make it as soon as I have a chance.

I added you to the wedding blog from your hotmail address, that's the only one I had, but I'll ask becky or jen reynolds if they have another address for you!!! I'm excited to hear your thoughts and advice!