Thursday, March 27, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Today I am thankful for books. I love to read! Like most moms, I wish I had more time to read things other than "Do Princess Wear Hiking Boots?" and "Inside a Barn in the Country." Although those aren't bad books, actually check them out, they are kind of fun.
I just finished "Little Women" for the 4th or 5th time. I love that book! This time I read it from an OLD book I have had on my shelf forever. It was my great grandmas book. The cover is worn and the pages are yellow. I couldn't even find a copyright date on it so it must be pretty old. For some reason reading it from an old book made it even better, made it easier to pretend I was part of the story.
I am now in need of a good book. Does anyone have a good book that they have read lately that they would recommend?

5 comments:

Amberlynn said...

That's AWESOME...you little bookworm you! I wish I was a bigger reader than I am. I have heard, A Heart Like His by Carolyn Pearson is a really good book. I plan on reading it to. So if you beat me to it, you'll have to give me your review. Love ya!

Amberlynn said...

Oops, it's by Virgina Pearce.

Melanie Rossi said...

I really should read that! I loved the movie and I'm sure the book is way better! I just bought The Other Boleyn Girl. I haven't seen the movie yet because someone told me to read the book first. Anyway, you're right it is hard to find time to read, but it's so fun!

Janey said...

Oh i'm glad you just read little women again, it's my favorite! You inspired me to want to read :)

Thanks for all your sweet comments--if we lived in AZ we could all watch enchanted together!!!! Isn't it just the best?

Raich said...

Right now i'm reading Believing Christ, Jake is reading King Arthur and the Nights, and just finished Black Beauty, Lyal's reading some swimming holes of california book... A good classic I read lately was Laddie by Gene Stratton-Porter awesome classic, I think you'd like it. I want to start Fountainhead by Ayn Rand. Let me know if you read Laddie,,,very good classic